Monday, January 30, 2012

Spring Cleaning on Weekend

Jan 23, 2012 in Indonesia was a holiday to celebrate the Chinese New Year. As it was also Monday, it meant that we, Indonesian, had a long weekend.....that is who works 5 days a week, like me....hehehehe....
 
Originally, I planned to visit my sister at Yogyakarta with my nephew and mom. But, due to a bad planning, I couldn't get any train tickets. It had been sold out since two days before I queued...that's one week before the D-Day.... Apparently, now everyone watches each long-weekend-holiday on the calendar.....not just me....hahahaha....
 
So, we decided to stay at home and did the usual chores we do on every weekend. Started on Saturday morning.... After delivered my nephew to his school, I took the car and had it washed at a car-wash nearby. I only had to wait for 30 minutes to have it done, but due to the lack of sleep on the night before....added to the holiday syndrome....I felt sooooo sleepy. After I was back at home, I immediately went back to the bed and slept till after midday.....hihihi... Day-1 was spent mostly on the bed....hahaha...
 
On Sunday, I woke up quite earlier than my usual time.  So, I decided to do my laundry. At first, only my clothes..... Then, as I had time more than enough and the sun shone brightly, I decided to change my sheet and my nephew's too. While I walked by the front window of the living room, I noticed that the curtain needed a washing as well. In the end, I did the washing for almost 2,5 hours....one hour longer than usual... I just realised how many my washing were, when it all had dried up and needed ironing....hahahaha... All I could say was: "Yikes!!!!"
 
After did the washing, I swept and washed the floor of our house. All was cleaned, then it was the time for me to clean myself up. I washed my hair, scrub my face and body.....a thorough bath, that is....hehehe...
 
At Sunday evening, after finally all had finished, I looked around. I got a fresh and clean sheet on my bed. All of my working gears were ready to wear. The house felt so fresh. And I still had ONE DAY holiday left.....yay!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think