Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Most Un-Impressive Christmas

Usually, Christmas and Easter time is the busiest moment for me. I'm belonging to a church choir that's always on duty on Christmas Eve and Holy Saturday. The preparation for the event usually is done since 2-3 months before. 

So, entering December - for example -, I will barely have any chance to take a breathe. Even decorating our Christmas Tree at home will become something that have to be planned carefully when to start. Luckily, the Roman Catholic Church always start to install the Christmas Tree after the 4th week of Advent. My family just follows the tradition and never put up the Christmas Tree earlier than that. So, during the 3 weeks before Christmas, I will fill up my time with intensive choir practices at least twice a week from 8pm till 11pm, hunting for Christmas gifts for The Little One on weekends, shopping for Mom....plus getting sick due to the flu viruses and tiredness.....hehehe...

Last year, my parish council decided to hold only ONE Christmas Eve Mass. They worried about the terrorism threat thats supposed to concentrate their act on our area that time. So, my choir wasn't on duty, but they had been given a chance to sing one song at the Mass Closure.

I could foresee that the only one Christmas Eve Mass would make everything became complicated. The security system made us couldn't park vehicles near the church. Then, I would have to compete with other thousand people to find a good seat, so we could follow the mass nicely. So, finally I decided not to attend the Christmas Eve Mass - for the first time as long as I could remember - , instead I attended the early morning mass.

About three nights before Dec 24, I was at church, waited for picking up The Little One from his Altar Boys practice. While waiting, I sat and watched the committee of Children and Youth community held the prep for the Children Mass. I was feeling a little peculiar....hehehe..usually at the same time, I would be busy practicing with my choir.

After attending the Christmas Morning Mass, I felt something missing. I felt as though I haven't celebrated Christmas at all, as though I just came home from attending another weekly mass. There was no queuing to take picture in front of the Christmas Tree at church. In fact, I took the picture on the last week before it was due to be taken off....hehehe... It was nice, actually, because I didn't have to queue nor wait for everybody to get away from my view....hihihi...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think