Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Scammers VS Friendship

Over than a week ago, I chatted with an old friend about my latest new net-pals. Laughingly, I told her how one of them so eagerly offered to buy me a new latest computer set and send me money just so we could chat anytime and see each other through web cam. I also told her what a coincidence that the other two had to go the Africa to do their business. In fact, I had been wondering for so long whether it's really that easy for any of US Citizens (yep...those three net-pals claimed themselves as US citizens) to get a work contract abroad, especially in this case Africa, when they only own a small company. I said to my friend that maybe I should get those two together, so they could be friends there in Africa....hahaha....and maybe they could compare notes about me...hahaha....

Several days later I read about a
Woman Gets Two Years for Aiding Nigerian Internet Check Scam and I wondered whether because of this I haven't been seen any of those net-pals of mine online. In fact, a day earlier when my old friend asked about them, jokingly I told her that I think they lost in Africa...hehehe....

So, it seems once again I lost another would-be-friends. But, in the other hand I sincerely hope that my bad thinking about them would be proved wrong just this once, that they aren't scammers, that they're really genuine in craving a genuine and beautiful friendship, free from any desires in getting advantage from other people. Huh, unlikely, I think! Hahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think