Sunday, November 11, 2007

Xtra-L Community

Today, I read an interesting material in the Kompas, one of the biggest Indonesian newspaper. It's about a community consisted of persons with big body or commonly called as XL, who try together to change the general opinion about beautiful and body size.

I thought to join them. I actually had taken the first step to sign up. But, then I came up with this part which required me to tell them a little about myself and why I want to join them. The first question is easy. I surely am one of big size people, what with my 157cm height and 80kg weight. The second question made me think again about my motivation.

Granted, I am a little curious about this community. I guess I want to meet some people who also try to think less about their body, who has quite confidence in presenting herself/himself as big as she/he is, no matter what world says about them. But, do I really want to join them? Exactly what I need from this community? I still don't find the right answer. Will a curiosity is enough for join this community? Not for me! So, I decided not to sign up for now. Maybe later, after I re-read the material again.....hehehe....

But, anyone who interested to join them but haven't read the article, visit them on
Xtra-L_Community_Indonesia@yahoogroups.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi...Liked your post...

    By the way, I'm a member of Xtra-L...I don't regret joining for a single second, they provide great support and have lots of positive activities....

    Hope you decide to join!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think