Monday, February 18, 2013

Life without TV

image source : dreamstime.com
Until last month, I had a quite ancient 16" color TV in my bedroom. It used to belong to my late grandmother who had died more than 10 years ago.... Very old TV, huh? hihihi... Nevertheless, that TV had become my entertainment at the end of my days. Not frequently, though. I used to watch movies on TV after 9pm or on weekends and holidays, when I'm not too lazy and sleepy...hehehe...

Last December, just before Christmas, my TV suddenly couldn't be turned on. Due to the holiday and the family outing plan, it stayed broken till after New Year. It was the first time after soooo many years that I spent New Year's Eve downstairs with my family and shared the TV there....hehehe... Quite annoying, actually. I preferred watching box-office movies, while my sister and Mom wanted to watch a music concert in other TV stations. So, we kept changing channel during commercials break, and made me lost the ending of an interesting movie (that I had already forgotten what the title was....hehehe...)

After New Year, Mom had the TV repaired. But this time, I didn't have enough time and energy to watch TV. My laundry business has been growing bigger and bigger, and I struggled to keep up with the heavy schedule between my formal working hours and the informal ones. At least twice a week, I go to bed not sooner than 10pm and have to wake up again at 4.30 next morning. So, when the TV was broken again a week after being repaired, I . Of course it also means I didn't keep up with latest news and gossips....hehehe... My only source is Mom and Sunday Newspaper (if I have time to read it...hehehe...)

Last week, due to her moving from a boarding room to an apartment, my sister (who knew about my broken TV) sent her old TV home. She preferred to buy a new, slimmer TV to fit in with the small space of her apartment. So, I got the family 21" TV to replace my old one, while the 32" flat-screen TV from my sister is being put in the living room.

Until now, I still rarely turn on the 21" TV. But every time I sit on my bed and look at the TV just across my bed, I'm always amazed about how bigger it is....makes my bedroom feels so crowded....hihihi.... I plan to move the TV to the upstairs living room as soon as I could re-arrange the furniture there. That way, it won't be look that big and my Little One could watch TV without messing up my bedroom....:P...


1 comment:

  1. You really got too busy lately. Should manage your time more so you can have fun too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think