Friday, March 7, 2008

Stations of Cross


There is always an advice from my church at this time of year, to attend at least once The Stations of Cross in preparing oneself to enter the Easter Celebration. And each year it has become a tough battle for me to follow the good advice.


I could come up with many kind of reasons that prevents me to attend The Stations of Cross. The usual and prime reason is tiredness. This event is always held on Friday-evenings since Ash Wednesday till Palm Sunday. And since it's also the last working day in each week, I always feel drained of energy and reluctant to go out again.


Today is Friday, and it's a holiday. One should assume that there's no reason at all for me not to attend it. Believe me, so I thought! A week ago I saw this holiday and thought...hey, I could go to The Stations of Cross next Friday! Then, several friends from the youth church choir concocted an attentive plan to go and visit our ex-vocal-couch. Eventually the plan fell through because of a transportation difficulty. So, I spent the day shopping and rest well, getting ready to go to the church.


An hour and half before the designated time, I went out from bathroom to find a very dark sky and a moment later it rained heavily. Then, I found out that Mom would go to a prayer meeting. There! Suddenly I found two big reasons enough to dampen down my enthusiasm. Furthermore, I couldn't ask a lift from my brother, because he had to go to his band practice for their performance this Sunday.


Oh well....there it is.....I wish God will still be willing to give me another chance to become a better person next time, again and again....! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think