Friday, February 15, 2008

The Tree of Knowledge

How dangerous the Tree of Knowledge is?

I have this little game in my PC called BounceOut or PoingPoing. The rule is simple, one has to line three or more balls with same colours to eliminate them until the number is up. The catch is the time limit. The higher your level, the higher is the number of the balls to go and it'd become more difficult to find the balls with same colours to line up. You just become more panic as the time go on until....boommm......it explodes and the game is over.

I love playing this game whenever I get bored in the office (pssssttt....don't tell my boss!!!). I could tell how high the level of my concentrating mind from how fast I find the balls to go. For a long time I'm never tempted to cheat the game, even though many times I get frustated in failing to find only three balls to go to finish a level. I found this a continuing new challenges everytime.

One day, when I almost gave up in finding the same colour balls to go, I accidentally pressed the little button named Panic in the bottom of playing field. Suddenly the balls moved and...there, the balls found themselves their companion and I could move again. A lamp lighted up inside my brain......"So, this is a little cheat to help players, and I never knew although I've seen this little button from the beginning!" Yup....I took a fruit from the tree of knowledge and ate it. And the little game was never the same again. The challenge is still there, but I know now that there is a little help waiting in the wings.

It's only a game, it would never harm other people nor any other living creature. Imagine if it happened to serious things like technology or even law.



Passage Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and blessing and calamity you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think