Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Christmas Wish

I couldn't remember when was the last time I made any wishes at Christmas time. Christmas wishes are for children, first of all. Then, for years, I have spent weeks before Christmas preparing for the church choir. So, at Christmas Eve, I always focused on the Mass and after that I was so busy with family gatherings. That's why I was rather startled when a friend asked what my wish was this year.

I did a quick assessment about what I had thought and wanted to do next year. Then I gave this answer to my friend..... I wish for some lights......

Yes, lights.....like lamp or candle....things that allow you to see things around you.

Last year, I found out that I would never again fit to work for other people. The present job I got is the nearest thing to my preference, because it allows me so much independence in organizing my tasks without have to answer to many people. But during this year I also found that I really had to start my own business, so I will have a bigger independence in managing my working time to fit in with my family needs. I had had some discussion with my family and friends about it. The most difficult thing is to find out and decide what kind of business I want to build.

As a starter, I need a business that I could run by myself. I don't think I could give any commands to other people and supervise his work....hehehe....my long time of professional working told me that.....

Then, I need to find some business that won't tie me in any certain place and working time. A little boy in my care and Mom are the two most important persons in my life now, and I prefer to be there whenever they need me, or whenever I think they need me.

I also need to find a business that I like to do for hours and days. I am afraid that I don't have a strong ambition. So, I really hope that my liking towards what I do will help me to hang on.

I really hope that I could make a first step to build my own business next year. And till this day, I still couldn't decide what I want to build. That's why I need some lights, to help me to see clearly. Maybe the signs have already been there, and I need a stronger beam for my eyes to see it.....hihihi....reminded me of a funny movie titled BRUCE ALMIGHTY..... No, seriously.....I really need the lights.... And I hope God will be willing to grant me this, as He has generously granted my other wishes these past years. Amen.

(*) dedicated for Mr. Shoes who had reminded me of Christmas wishes and magic

3 comments:

  1. Really like it, hope you'll find it sooner.
    just be patience and let God lead your way...amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wish come true.
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think